We strongly believe that the market can be one of the efficient tool to fight climate change. That is the reason why Orbeo has decided to commit in different associations.
IETA: INTERNATIONAL EMISSIONS TRADING ASSOCIATION
- - As of March 2007, IETA comprises 145 International Companies from OECD and non-OECD countries.
- - IETA is dedicated to:
- the objectives of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and ultimately climate protection;
- the establishment of effective market-based trading systems for greenhouse gas emissions by businesses that are demonstrably fair, open, efficient, accountable and consistent across national boundaries;
- and maintaining societal equity and environmental integrity while establishing these systems.
- - For more information, please go to: http://www.ieta.org/ieta/www/pages/...
CMIA: CARBON MARKETS & INVESTORS ASSOCIATION
- - The Carbon Markets and Investors Association, formed in August 2008 by the merger of The Carbon Markets Association (CMA) and INCIS, is an international trade association representing service providers to the global carbon market.
- - The CMIA was formed to represent businesses at the cutting edge of the services sector working to reduce carbon emissions through the market mechanisms of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and the Kyoto Protocol. It was created to ensure the progressive business voice is heard - market-friendly climate change policy creates new business opportunities.
- - For more information, please go to: http://www.cmia.net/
CLUB TENDANCES CARBONE (Mission Climat de la Caisse des Dépôts / France)
- - Club Tendances Carbone is a research initiative of CDC Climat Research (CDC Climat is a subsidiary of Caisse des Dépôts), BlueNext & Météo-France, in operation since March 2007.
- - The Club Tendances Carbone gathers all major French companies concerned by the CO2 European market. The association aims at promoting the share of analysis and information concerning the functioning of this market.
- - For more information, go to: http://www.cdcclimat.com/Club-Tenda...
CLUB CARBONE FORET BOIS (Animated by CDC Climat Research/ France)
- - Club Carbone Forêt Bois was created in June 2010 as a joint research and development initiative of CDC Climat Research with a number of partners, including the Société Forestière of Caisse des Dépôts; the French National Forest Service (ONF) and its subsidiary ONF International; the Institut Technologique FCBA; the Forêt privée française; the Syndicat des sylviculteurs du Sud-ouest and the ASFFOR.
- - The Club Carbone Forêt-Bois gathers together actors involved in the forest & timber sector in France, including local authorities, public organizations, private companies and associations. These actors are working to create the practical conditions required to enable the entry of French forestry projects in the carbon markets and are promoting the sector’s role in the fight against climate change.
- - For more information, go to: http://www.cdcclimat.com/Le-Club-Ca...
PROJECT DEVELOPER FORUM
- - The Project Developer Forum, created in 2009, is an organisation formed exclusively by Project Developer companies, its aim being to represent their interests in the regulated and voluntary carbon market.
- - Its membership accounts for over one third of all registered CDM projects.
- - Thanks to its strong engagement in the PDF’s activities, orbeo has been appointed as one of nine Executive Committee Members of the Forum.
- - For more information, go to: http://pd-forum.net